Monday, February 22, 2016

The Real Inspector Pikachu

The timing for what I am about to talk about is impeccable, having just finished reading The Real Inspector Hound. If you haven't read it yet, or seen it but I recommend reading it only for the fact that the stage directions are freaking hilarious. It's one of those plays where if you aren't paying enough attention for like 3 minutes then you are screwed. I like those plays, because then I get to watch people be confused and I enjoy that. Anyways if you know me well, you know that I love video games, and I also enjoy insulating animals and making them fight other animals and then beating the other person and taking their money. That is why Pokemon is a great game for me. I've played all the games at least once and never get tired of them. So while I was trolling the youtubez I saw something that ought my attention.


My arch nemesis Pikachu about to fall to his imminent doom?!?! AWESOME. Now my hatred of Pikachu stems from the TV show and I won't get into it here, that's a story for a different post. So I decided to look in further to this. And I found some of the most amazing news ever. There hasn't been a spinoff game that does't fit into one of the mainstream spinoff series in a while. Maybe since the dreaded Hey You, Pikachu! 



DETECTIVE PIKACHU!!!!

I screamed when I saw this. Look at his cute little Sherlock Holmes Cap!

I bet it will be just like The Real Inspector Hound, two buddies thrust into a world with evil, women and murder!
Nuuuuu Apom!!!! He's dead!!!

When I first saw this I was like, "Whoa, they are really taking a dark and eggy turn over at Nintendo." But then I realized that the "blood," was just a smashed tomato.

To say the least I am super excited about this game. There has been no word about bringing it to any other countries outside Japan, but I am sure it will. If you watched the ad you may have been able to see that Pikachu was voiced. They are changing it up, pokemon besides Meowth can talk now. People in America are already set on who they want to voice Pikachu when it does come to english speaking countries. 


Yes people want Danny DeVito to voice Pikachu, and honestly I couldn't agree more. It would make Pikachu so sassy and cool it would be great. People have even started a petition for people to sign to have Danny voice Pikachu, yes I have signed it. I will link the petition here

In order to memorialize my just having finished a wonderful play and finding out this joyous news, if I can rename the main character I shall most likely name him Birdboot, because Birdboot is a baller.








No comments:

Post a Comment