Sunday, January 10, 2016

NFL Wildcard Picks are Some of the Most Disappointing Games I have Ever Seen

So as most of you (Americans) know it is one of the most exiting times of the year. The new year only means one thing for real Americans, and that's football. So yah the season has been going on for like 4 months or so now but this is the climax of it all. I'm more of a college girl myself (LSU! LSU! LSU!) But if you know me I will watch pretty much watch any "sport" that ESPN of other networks will play. Football, soccer, tennis, baseball, archery, skiing, golf, gymnastics, ice skating, ice dancing (there is a difference look it up you uncultured swine), rugby, basketball, cricket, cheerleading, swimming, equestrienne things, water polo, even poker which I really don't find to be a sport but I won't judge. To say the least, I love watching sports. Key word "watch" because I can't even walk up two flights of stairs without becoming winded.

The NFL playoffs are where the best of the best go head to head on the road to the Superbowl. So you would think that these would be some pretty sweet games, and they usually are. This weekend has been the Wildcard pick games and they have been less than satisfactory. Now my number one team isn't in the playoffs, they are terrible to say the least. So it's not like I have an attachment to any particular team, I just watch them because I want to watch a good game. I have not yet gotten that. So I shall now explain to you why gripes with the NFL Playoff games so far.



Chiefs @ Texans

So to kick off this football packed weekend we have two teams which I am particularly fond of, something that you will not be seeing again. I like the Kansas City Chiefs because I really like Andy Reid and what he has done with the team. Now as far as the Texans go, you might be thinking "But Georgia you hate Texas, and everything about it, ESPECIALLY their sports teams." And you would be right, I do hat Texas, not going to go into that but as far as the sports teams go I have always hated the Cowboys I don't really know that many people that do like them. I never really thought much of the Texans, but then I watched "Hardknocks" and I don't think there is one person who watched that season and didn't end up liking the Texans, or at least JJ Watts. 

So I just want to watch a good game and I think I am because both teams have been doing well this year. This game has the simplest reason I was not happy. The Chiefs DESTROYED the Texans. 30-0. It was painful, it was like the Texans walked into that game wanting to loose. I guess if this had been a team that I really did't like it would have been different but it was just a terrible game in my opinion.



Stealers @ Bangles

As far as the teams go I feel indifferent towards the Bangles, never really thought much of them. But I HATE the Stealers, mostly I hate their quarterbacks. I have always hated Ben Roethlisberger because he raped someone and then didn't get any time behind bars for it. And now they also have the ex-Philadelphia Eagle quarterback Michael Vick who did dog fighting, and although he got some time behind bars I don't think it was enough. So you can guess who I was rooting for in this game.

So this game was going pretty standard as far as football games go the Stealers were winning until the beginning of the 4th quarter. Ben got sacked and landed pretty hard on his throwing shoulder (which is now revealed to be separated) and was taken out. This must have raised the Bangle's spirit because they scored a touchdown putting them in the lead by one. Ben ended up coming back in (much to my disappointment) and started to gain some yards back. It was the last 30 seconds of the game and the Stealers are down by one and about 60 yards away, everyone thought it was done, but then the unthinkable happened two penalties both resulting in 15 yards for the Stealers. The first one on Burfiet for a hit on a defenseless Brown resulting in a personal, but the worst was the second one. Adam Jones threw a punch at a Stealers coach as they went to check on Brown who was down after the hit by Burfiet. This was ridiculous. There is nothing bad I have to say about Burfiet that kind of thing happens all the time, whatever. But Jones had less than a minute left and he just couldn't hold it together. It was ridiculous. They showed Jones crying and saying that he really feels that it is his fault, well it was so I feel no sympathy. And now you hear him talking about how it was a bad call by the refs and that it's their fault they lost, bullshit. That call was fine and it was right so suck it up and realize that you are the one that fucked your team over. 



Seahawks @ Vikings

I find that the Vikings are one of the most irrelevant teams ever. I never really cared about them and Brett Farve was and is the bane of my existence. But much like the Stealers, I hate the Seahawks. They beat my team, the Saints, every time they play them so this time I wanted the Vikings to win. Sadly once again the team I wanted to win lost and again it was for a stupid reason.

There were like 20 seconds left on the clock and the Vikings are down by 1. They are taking a 28 year field goal attempt as a last ditch effort to salvage a mediocre game. 28 yards, you would think that it's virtually impossible to miss that unless some player on the Seahawks could miraculously block the kick. But no, he missed. Pitiful. I have heard some people talk about how it was really cold it it made it way harder to kick. Okay to be fair it was cold as a witch's tit in winter but it only got warmer as the game went on. It was -3 at the end of the game and it started at like -6. So that might not be that much of a rise but I did watch the same guy kick a field goal from like 40 yards when it was colder so that argument is invalid. 





Packers @ Redskins

And here we have the home team, the Skins. The Skins have never been my team by the time I really stated getting into football, Zorn and Shanahan were around and I really didn't like them so... But now I really like Gruden and I love Cousins and the Redskins haven't really been this good in awhile so I'm gonna go with them on this one.

This game is the one that I have the least complaints about. It was a pretty good game. The Skins right off the back get a safety off of Rogers and it was back and forth up until about half way into the 3rd. It really just fell apart. Maybe it was the Redskins playing bad, the Packers playing well, or both but there isn't anything that was super cringe worthy.





So in all we can see that it seems that whoever I am cheering for seems to lose. But they were also pretty bad games so...

Looking forward I can say that there is really only one scenario that would make me destroy the world.

Georgia's worst case scenario Superbowl 50 match up:


As you can see I also hate the Pats. None of these teams need anymore rings, and if any of these two match ups do happen I will probably destroy the world.

I will now leave you with this amazing piece of art I found while finding the pictures for this post.

Yes, this is Aaron Rogers on a unicorn. No, I am not sorry.


-G

  


No comments:

Post a Comment